I made these cookie "tins" from Pringles cans - and they were so easy to do. Plus, they are lined, so the grease from the cookies doesn't soak through and leave marks on the paper.
As I said they were so easy -
- wash and dry the cans
- cut 12x12 paper to size so that it slighly overlaps
- Mod Podge the paper and then press firmly until the paper sticks to the can.
- Set aside and let dry for a while - you can start on the lid while you wait.
- using a template, outline an oval on the opposite side from your paper seam.
- cut out using craft knife
- Cut a larger square piece of transparency and adhere it to the inside of the can. I used Zip Dry glue and it worked great.
- Add embellishments. I used Zip Dry again - that stuff really sticks and it will hold the seams together for a long time. I've found tape adhesive usually pulls apart after a while.
(you could probably change the order of the steps and add the transparency to the outside of the can, under the paper. I decided it was hard to cut the circle twice so that's why i chose this method.)