Thursday, November 13, 2008

Scrapbook Corner, I'll Always Love You...


When we moved to Indiana, I was a little lonely and lost. And then, one day after dropping dd off at preschool, I stopped in to nose around Scrapbook Corner. And it was awesome, and - they were having a design team try-out. I had never done anything like that before in my life, but with no friends and lots of time on my hands, i had nothing to lose.
And they let me be on their design team! And from there I grew to love Mandy, the owner, and I made some great friends, and wow, I thought I was addicted to scrapbooking, but really, I didn't know what that meant until after joining this place.
So now, four years later.
I am so sad.
Because it is closing.
Times are hard, gas and lunch come before stickers and paper, and I think they decided its just not worth trying to wait out the economy.
And Mandy has wonderful children that she will actually get to spend time with.
Good for her, I know she'll be so glad.
But I will really really miss coming in and seeing all the happy scrapping people at SBC. I'll miss seeing the terrifically talented friends from the design team, and I'll miss the view of rows of paper racks and all the embellishments loading the walls.
I've eaten some chocolate and I think I'll be OK in a minute. But for the long haul, there is no cure. I'll always love my little scrapbook home. Thanks everyone there who made it such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment